NCLEX Review Resources
Below are resources and 5 tips that students found applicable and helpful to reviewing for our favorite exam of all- the NCLEX!
5 Tips for the NCLEX!
- Learn about the style/format of the exam: this is a unique test that adapts to your skill level, so it is important to know the way the actuall exam will be presented!
- Use your resources: Often nursing programs will encorporate an NCLEX review class- take this seriously! It is great practice and wonderful guidance. If you feel you need more practice or your school does not include this, please look into the links above.
- Study the "Kaplan Decision Tree". Trust me. These little rules work when you are trying to answer a question for which the topic is unfamilliar!
- Practice TONS of NCLEX-style questions. When I say tons, I mean the average person who wants to pass the NCLEX should take at least 3,000 practice questions in the span of the time before taking the exam. This is when planning ahead will benefit you greatly.
- Take a deep breath, look at all you've accomplished, and remember what you are grateful for. Yes, this test is important, but it is also tricky and complex at times. Sometimes you'll get your hopes down or maybe you won't pass on the first time, but you will get there! Know that everything happens for a reason, and that is why you're here today. Enjoy yourself, your last semester in nursing school, and your close aquaintances! Having support is one of the most valuable things during this time.